Please visit our ‘How it works’ page.
It’s very easy. Register through our online registration form, insert our tracking code and once approved you can start displaying ads and start earning
No, it’s completely free to join and to participate in any of the programs.
Not necessarily. If you intend to only focus on PPC (Pay-Per-Click) advertising through Google AdWords, Overture or similar you do not need to have a website. If you are planning on only using PPC you should register with Google.co.za as your website, make sure you state clearly that you are doing PPC in the site description. Alternatively you can register your site with just a single landing page explaining what you intend to do so that the Advertisers can clearly understand what you are doing when reviewing your program applications.
It is up to each advertiser (merchant) how much they are willing to pay a publisher for a specific result. As a network we add 30% commission on top of the total commission paid to the publisher (an industry standard). For example, if the advertiser pays the publisher R100 for each sale, AdMarula’s earnings will be 30% of R100 (R30).
AdMarula pays publishers on the 20th of each month with a two-month lag i.e. you will be paid on the 20th August for commissions earned in June. This lag allows us to collect payment from the Advertisers and to validate transactions. Through our online Publisher interface you can view and follow your earnings at any time. In order to get paid you would need to have earned the minimum amount (R500) for that month – otherwise it will be rolled over to the next month and paid out once you have reached this amount.
Our affiliates include website publishers, e-newsletter distributors and bloggers.
AdMarula reserves the right to approve or turn down any publisher application. We do not allow sites that display content of a sexual, racistic, violent, radical religious and political, or illegal nature, into our network. In addition, advertisers can also approve or deny applications to their programs, themselves.
A cookie (also known as an HTTP cookie, web cookie, or browser cookie), is a piece of data that is sent to and stored on a user’s PC in order to authenticate or identify a user’s session or preferences, shopping cart contents, or anything else that can be accomplished through storing text data. The cookie time determines how long the information is stored on the user’s computer. For example a 30-day cookie time means that the sale will still be registered up to 30 days after the user first clicked on the ad. Different merchants will offer different cookie times – this will be specified in the program.
Yes, you can re-apply once. In order to re-apply you need to add another site to your account. To do this:
- In your AdMarula account click “Settings”
- Click “site information”
- Click “register another site”
- Complete your details again (please note that you should call the site Whatever2 so that you can distinguish it from the original in the drop-down box. For instance if your site name is ShoppingSA then calling the second site ShoppingSA2. (Naturally the URL stays the same).
- Navigate to the program you want to apply to again
- In the program settings page (APPLY) select your new site and apply again as usual.
NOTE: Please do not re-apply to a program if your site was “denied” and your commissions were removed.
Just follow these steps:
- On the “Program settings” page click on the “Links” tab.
- Click a “graphical element category” link.
- In the table of graphical elements, under the column heading “Website status” you will see the links “show code” and “add to pools” – click the “show code” and a pop-up window will open.
- Select the options you wish to use in the “show code” pop-up window (ensure that you select the correct website from the drop-down list in section 1)
- Copy and paste the text in section 4 to your webpage.
NOTE: When you wish to add a text link, repeat steps 1- 2 then: Under the “Graphical element name” column in the table – click the “text link” and then click the “show code” link and continue to follow steps 4 – 5 above. Make sure you deselect the use cache prevention when doing this. You can also get text links from banners by selecting the ‘custom’ option in the show code screen.
It is possible to view an overview of your statistics or an in depth analysis of your website statistics through the selection of reports within the AdMarula interface. The reports are located within your account under REPORTS and OTHER REPORTS in the menu on the left hand side. With most of the reports you are able to export the details into “pdf” (Adobe Acrobat) or “xls” (Excel Spreadsheet) format, to do this please select the relevant “View report as:” option.